Hielan Garden Services
Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) Policy
The safety of our people and customers, the public, wildlife, pets, property, vehicles, and equipment are our core values and are an integral part of how we do business. We believe strong Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE) performance creates strong commercial performance.
The owner has overall accountability to all employees and Ad Hoc contractors.
Our policy applies to all employees (staff, contract and temporary) of Hielan Garden Services (collectively referred to as ‘employees’) anywhere we conduct business or visit during our business.
Policy in Practice
Hielan Garden Services strives to continually improve its HSSE performance by setting and monitoring clear objectives, supported by its HSSE Standards. This requires the commitment of everyone to Hielan Garden Services and a culture where people are encouraged and feel able to intervene and report on HSSE issues of concern. It is expected that everyone will recognise their responsibilities to put our policy into practice.
- Provide a safe working environment that protects against injury and minimise work-related ill health.
- Provide appropriate security protection for employes, vehicles, equipment, and tools.
- Commit to protect the environment, and so minimise the impact of Hielan Garden Services operations.
- Ensure compliance with applicable legislation and apply Hielan Garden Services standards and best practice in all locations/work sites.
- Identify and manage HSSE risks in a systematic way as part of Hielan Garden Services risk management framework.
- Provide resources to successfully manage HSSE risk.
- Identify and manage any form of change in our organisation.
- Ensure that our employees and contractors are competent and able to perform the work we are asking them to undertake.
- Ensure that our employees and contractors understand their HSSE accountabilities and are aware of the behaviors expected by Hielan Garden Services.
- Identify and manage operational interfaces internally and with third parties.
- Communicate standards based on Arboricultural best practice which are consistent with legal and regulatory requirements in all operating areas.
- Communicate and report only on HSSE objectives and performance.
- Actively engage with relevant employees, contractors and customers and understand and take account of their concerns.
- Make sure that appropriate emergency response, crisis management business continuity plans are in place and are regularly practiced.
- Investigate HSSE incidents, identify root causes, take effective action to prevent action recurrence and identify opportunities for organisational training.
- Strive for continuous improvement of HSSE performance.